The LC Fast Connector is a small and easy-to-use connector designed specifically for connecting and disconnecting fibers.
LC Fast Connect field-installable connectors provide an easy and efficient solution for terminating single-mode or multimode optical fibers without the need for field polishing. These connectors come factory pre-polished, and their patented index-matching gel and mechanical splice technology ensure precise fiber alignment and low loss termination.
By using LC Fast Connect field-installable connectors, you can save time and effort, as well as reduce the risk of errors or damage during field polishing. The pre-cleaved fiber stub and index-matching gel provide reliable and consistent performance, while the mechanical splice technology ensures precise fiber alignment for optimal signal transmission.
1.Type of LC fibre optic Fast connector
LC fiber optic quick connectors come in singlemode and multimode versions, with polished types available in UPC and APC. LC UPC connectors are easy to identify, while LC APC connectors have a green housing and strain relief sleeves, and an octave angle to minimize back reflection.
There are two types of LC fiber optic quick connectors: patch connectors and BTW connectors. Patch connectors are used to terminate 1.6 to 2.0 mm simplex and duplex cables, and feature a trigger and standard latch for easy splicing and disconnection. Patch cord connectors are ideal for LAN, central office, and premise distribution systems.
BTW connectors are short and typically used for mounting on 0.9mm fibers at the back of equipment. They use finger snaps and extension latches for easy engagement and disengagement.
In summary, LC fiber optic quick connectors are available in various types to suit different needs. By choosing the right connector type, you can ensure reliable and efficient connectivity for your fiber optic networks.
2.The benefits of LC fibre optic fast connectors
LC fiber optic quick connectors are becoming increasingly popular in the market due to their numerous advantages. Here are just a few:
LC connectors are half the size of traditional SC connectors, which means they can double the fiber density of the shelf and outlet, leading to reduced system costs.
The polarization characteristics of LC fiber optic quick connectors help maintain the transmit or receive direction, ensuring high repeatability.
LC fiber optic quick connectors feature an anti-hook lock that enhances durability and reduces the need for rearrangement work caused by cross-connections.
LC fiber optic quick connectors eliminate the need for field installable connectors, saving installation time.
3.Features of LC Fast Connector
- Easy installation without special tools or equipment
- High precision alignment for improved optical performance
- Low insertion loss and high return loss for better signal transmission
- Compatibility with both single-mode and multimode fibers
- Compact and lightweight design for space-saving and convenience
- Cost-effective solution for fast and reliable termination of fiber optic cables
By using LC fast connectors, you can save costs and ensure fast and reliable termination of fiber optic cables.
4.Lc Quick Connector Operating Instructions
- Insert the fiber into the boot
- Remove the 900-m tight buffer and clean it with a tissue dampened with alcohol.
- Use an optical fiber cleaver to trim the bare fiber to 8mm.
- Push the fixed ring forward to lock the fiber, then attach the tail sleeve.
- Insert the fiber into the connector body through the fiber guide and stop when it bends.
5.Installation Points of Fast Connector lc
The following are the installation Points of LC Fast Connector:
- Prepare the fiber: strip and clean the fibre properly and make ensure it is clean and free from contamination.
- Remove the dust cap: remove the dust cap from the connector insert.
- Insert the fiber: insert the fiber into the connector and align it with the V-groove.
- Clamp the connector: Clamp the connector using a tool,such as a pair of pliers to ensure it is secure.
- Check the connection: Check the correct installation and alignment of the connector.
- Test the connection: Test the connection using an optical power meter and light source to verify that the connection loss is within acceptable limits.
- Place the dust cap: Place the dust cap back on the connector again to protect it from any contaminants.
It’s very important that all necessary installation procedures are followed,in order to avoid any defects in the optical connection or loss of signal occurring.