Insulation Piercing Connectors are mainly composed of insulated housing, piercing blades, waterproof rubber pads and torque bolts.
- Safer and more reliable: Insulated piercing connectors provide a secure and reliable connection for low-power and lighting distribution systems.
- Easy to install: Clamps can be easily installed in vertical shafts or outdoor overhead lines with simple installation procedures.
- Waterproof and environmentally friendly
Our insulated piercing line clamps are suitable for a wide range of low-power and lighting distribution systems,
including high-rise buildings, residential areas, street lighting and outdoor overhead lines.
They also install in vertical shafts or outdoor overhead lines, providing a secure and reliable connection for your electrical systems.
1. Structure of Insulation Piercing Connector
insulation piercing connector support by two separate insulated shells that connect by a torque screw.
The insulation support shell conceals two（or more） pieces of metal conductors made of special alloy materials called puncture blades.
The puncture blades design to penetrate the insulation of the cable, creating a secure and reliable connection.
Contact inserts of insulation piercing connectors use a highly conductive material that provides an optimal contact surface on the wire.
They are suitable for both copper and aluminum transitions, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of cables.
The housing use reinforced engineering plastic, which maintains its elasticity and extreme strength even at high temperatures, ensuring long-lasting performance.
Waterproof seal product with rubber and silicone, providing excellent protection against UV, humidity, temperature changes and erosion.
2. Installation of insulation piercing clamp
Installation of insulation piercing connectors is a simple and straightforward process.
- Determine the location of the branch line on the main cable and strip off the outer sheath of the cable at the designated location, leaving the cable core and insulation layer intact.
- Insert the branch line directly into the waterproof function of the branch cap without removing the insulation layer.
- Secure the wire clip onto the core wire of the main cable branch, hand-tighten the nut at the connection and use a torque wrench to tighten the nut in a clockwise direction.
The torque nut will automatically disengage when the piercing blade achieves optimal contact with the metal conductor, eliminating the need for special treatment of the wire and wire clip.
Video shows here ：https://youtube.com/shorts/ERx4Hpz1v-c
3. Installation Precautions for Insulation Piercing Connectors
- Before installation, clean the surface of the insulation piercing connector to remove any dirt or debris. Do not use the connector if the insulation layer is uneven or broken.
- Check whether the connector model is suitable for the wire and ensure that the main and branch lines. Do not use a connector if any damage on the outer shell.
- The ends of the overlapping wires should face the power source and cover with insulation sleeves. Insert the overlapping wires carefully to avoid damaging the piercing blades and ensure that they are inserted correctly.
- Use a wrench to tighten both bolts simultaneously before using a torque wrench to tighten them further. The bolts need tighten until the torque nut disengages, without over-tightening.
- Insulation piercing connectors should not connect bare wires, and bare wires should not connect with insulated wires using insulation piercing connectors.
4. How to Manufacture Cable Clamps
Insulation piercing connectors provide a convenient and reliable solution for branching cables, offering several advantages over pre-branched cables. With insulation piercing connectors, T-branching can be done at any position of the cable without cutting off the trunk cable or stripping the insulation skin.
This process preserves the mechanical and electrical properties of the cable. When tight torque bolt , the metal cutter of the connector can penetrate the insulation layer to contact the trunk core conductor, allowing for a secure and efficient T-connection.
If you require insulation piercing connectors or related products, don’t hesitate to contact Fibconet for special price.